3 healthy and speedy breakfast recipes that will kick-start your day
Ladies, there's no excuse.
No matter how much there needs to be done in the morning, we can all spare three minutes to prepare ourselves a healthy breakfast.
We're constantly complaining that when the weekend (or bank holiday) rolls around we need to treat ourselves will lie ons and days in bed... however, you're not going to regret getting up that extra bit earlier to make these
1. Avocado Toast
Super quick to make and packed full of nutrition, this is the perfect snack to fuel you for the day ahead.
1 slices whole-grain bread, toasted
Half an avocado, sliced
Half a tablespoon olive oil
1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
Sprinkle of salt
1/8teaspoon chilli flakes
- Top the bread with the avocado. Mash the avocado with a fork.
- Drizzle with the oil and lemon juice.
- Sprinkle with ½ teaspoon salt and the chilli flakes
2. Omelette in a Mug
No pans, no mess, no problem. This three minute omelette recipe is ingenious.
- 2 eggs
- 1 tablespoon diced ham
- 1 tablespoon of salsa
- 1 tablespoon shredded cheese
- Olive oil or cooking spray
- Salt and pepper
- Coat your mug with olive oil or cooking spray.
- Add eggs to mug and whisk together with a fork
- Add diced ham, salsa, cheese, salt and pepper. Whisk till all ingredients are completely mixed together.
- Microwave on high for one minute. Stir and break up any large chunks of egg.
- Cook for another 45 to 60 seconds or until eggs are set.
- Top with a bit more cheese, salt and pepper
Recipe via scatteredthoughsofacraftmom.com
3. Porridge and Berries
A colourful bowl of piping hot porridge is a breakfast staple that will keep those hunger pangs at bay right through 'til lunchtime.
- 30g of porridge oats (Quaker Oat So Simple sachets are super handy)
- 15g of frozen berries
- Pour 30g of porridge oats to a bowl and cover with 60g of water.
- Stir the oats in the water and add 15g of berries.
- Place the bowl in the microwave and heat for 2mins (based on 8watt oven).
- Season with cinnamon for a tasty kick!