These are the top 20 'once in a lifetime' journeys, according to travel experts
Ireland does get mentioned, but not in the top twenty.
We probably should have realised that when the list includes trekking to the base camp of Mount Everest, which only came in at 22nd, or cruising down the Nile (24th), that it was going to be a tough list to get on.
Still, driving along Ireland's Wild Atlantic Way did arrive at No.40 on this list of Once-In-A-Lifetime journeys that has been put together by Flight Network and over 500 of the world’s top travel journalists, agencies, bloggers, and editors.
So if you're wondering where in the world you should be aiming to go before you kick the bucket, this is what the experts say are the top twenty, or even to see how many you've already done!
20. Hike along Cinque Terre - La Spezia and Liguria, Italy
19. Drive the Great Ocean Road - Torquay, Allansford and Victoria, Australia
18. Safari in Kruger National Park - Kurger National Park, South Africa
17. French Polynesia Cruise - French Polynesia, South Pacific Ocean
16. Drive the Amalfi Coast - Salerno, Sorrento and Naples, Italy
15. Travel the Silk Road - Xian, China to Istanbul, Turkey
14. Explore the Italian Countryside - Lucca, Montalcino and Tuscany, Italy
13. Amazon River Cruise - Manaus, Brazil to Iquitos, Peru
12. Fjord Cruise in Norway - Sognefjord, Norway
11. Road Trip on Route 66 - Chicago, Illinois, Santa Monica and California, United States
10. Drive the Dalmation Coast in Dubrovnik - Dubrovnik, Split and Hvar, Croatia
9. Sail the Greek Islands - Syros, Mykonos, Crete and Greek Islands, Greece
8. Camino de Santiago - The French Pyrenees, France, Santiago de Compostela, Spain
7. Cruise to Alaska - Alaska, United States
6. Drive Iceland's Ring Road - Keflavik to Reykjavik, Iceland
5. Drive the Pacific Coast Highway - San Francisco, San Diego and California, United States
4. Trek to Machu Picchu - Cusco, Inca Trail to Machu Picchu, Peru
3. Travel the Trans-Siberian Railway - Moscow to Vladivostok, Russia
2. Cruise the Galapagos Islands - Galapagos Islands, Ecuador
1. Expedition to Antarctica - Antarctic Peninsula