Electric Picnic: 9 acts you are NOT going to want to miss this weekend
Looking for some weekend recommendations?
Look no further...
Electric Picnic kicks off tomorrow and while there are an abundance of acts that everybody and their mother is telling you to go see, ignore them all and just listen to us instead.
1. Dermot Kennedy: Friday, Main Stage, 9.00pm
If you've been lucky enough to see Dermot Kennedy live before, you'll know how special his gigs can be.
And if you haven't, now's your time.
2. Billie Eilish: Friday, Main Stage, 7.00pm
Unless you've been living with earplugs embedded in your skull for the past eight months, chances are you're familiar with Billie Eilish.
The 17-year-old (!) has become one of 2019's most talked about music acts and she has been no less than killing it on the festival circuit over the past few months.
In for a treat with this one.
3. James Blake: Friday, Electric Arena, 10.30pm
Suddenly, I'm hip...
... Because I'm going to see James Blake at the Electric Arena rather than whoever's headlining the main stage at this time.
4. Charli XCX: Saturday, Electric Arena, 7.00pm
In desperate need of some pure, intense, unadulterated pop during your EP 2019?
Now's your chance.
Charli XCX should really be commanding the Main Stage this year due to her immense popularity, but hey, everything's better when it's intimate, right?
5. Christine and the Queens: Saturday, Main Stage, 7.45pm
Please don't cancel this time.
6. Metronomy: Saturday, Electric Arena, 8.15pm
Soft bangers, hard bangers, electronic bangers that you're not going to get anywhere else other than the Electric Arena just after eight on Saturday.
7. Let's Eat Grandma: Sunday, Three Made by Music Stage, 8.30pm
Ready to sob violently while simultaneously feeling somewhat uplifted?
This music will take you. Let it.
8. Róisín Murphy: Sunday, Electric Arena, 7.30pm
9. The Streets: Sunday, Electric Arena, 10.30pm
Dry your eyes, mate - it's the end of the festival.
See you again next year, yeah?