DWTS pro Curtis Pritchard and brother, AJ, injured after 'unprovoked attack' at nightclub
Strictly Come Dancing's AJ Pritchard and his brother, Dancing With the Stars Ireland's Curtis Pritchard, are recovering from an "unprovoked attack."
The pair were reportedly on a night out with friends over the holidays when they were allegedly attacked by eight men.
According to The Sun, AJ is now recovering from severe bruising and cuts after the early morning attack. Curtis is said to need surgery in the next few days after one of his knees with badly injured.
A spokesman for the pair, who were visiting their parents for Christmas, told the publication:
“AJ and Curtis were assaulted in an unprovoked attack. Curtis is to undergo an emergency operation to correct damage to his knee.
"AJ received bruising to his face, arms, body and legs.”
A police statement confirmed that there had been two more people injured during the attack.
"The four victims were taken to hospital for treatment. All have since been discharged.
"Officers arrested a 20-year-old man from Crewe on suspicion of assault. He has been released under investigation pending further inquiries."
View this post on Instagram
RTÉ confirmed in a statement that Curtis will not be able to take part in the launch of the upcoming series of Dancing With the Stars, which is due to begin on January 6.
However, the spokesperson added that Dancing With the Stars are wishing him a speedy recovery, and they will be "welcoming Curtis back when he recovers."
" Dancing with the Stars pro-dancer Curtis Pritchard was involved in an incident on 26 December 2018.
"As a result of the injuries sustained, he will not have recovered in time for the launch of the new series, which will air 6 January 2019. Dancing with the Stars wish Curtis a speedy recovery.
"A replacement for Curtis on the show is currently being arranged by ShinAwiL and we look forward to welcoming Curtis back when he recovers."