Dublin Fire Brigade issue warning about fires in power showers
Dublin Fire Brigade has issued a warning about fires breaking out in power showers.
Engines from Kilbarrack and North Strand had to attend an incident yesterday where a power shower caught fire after being left on at the isolation switch.
DFB shared a photo of the scene which included a destroyed power shower and smoke-covered bathroom tiles.
Damage to the bathroom was minimised thanks to the house's owners who closed the shower door.
Electric shower at home? Always turn off power to the shower at the isolation switch when finished. We had fire engines from Kilbarrack and North Strand at this shower fire earlier. The owners closed the doors on the fire which limited damage to the bathroom pic.twitter.com/cklrIbcN3o
— Dublin Fire Brigade (@DubFireBrigade) July 23, 2018
DFB urged people to turn off their isolation switches when finished using their power showers.
This comes after a warning was issued about leaving aerosol cans and mirrors near windows during the heatwave.
The brigade asked everyone to make sure they don't leave any mirrors, crystal, or glasses on windowsills because they could shatter if the sun reflects onto a flammable surface.
They also warned that aerosol cans can explode too, and shared a video of a fire caused by a vanity mirror that was left on a windowsill.
DFB said that all such items should be left in the shade at all times and that people should be mindful that the sun moves during the day.