DublinTown and Visa launch a Christmas campaign, helping three superb Irish charities, with just a tap
Brought to you by DublinTown
Christmas is the season of giving, and giving is a very powerful thing indeed.
Giving has the ability to bring a smile, bring laughter and it even has the ability to change someone's life.
So this year, DublinTown is working with Visa on Tap to Give for Good, where you can so easily donate to three terrific charities here at home — Focus Ireland (who are challenging the homelessness crisis), Little Blue Heroes (which funds Gardaí to help seriously ill children) and the ISPCC (which aims to enhance the lives of children in Ireland) — and it's a campaign we've fallen in love with entirely.
As Dublin city centre is arguably the best place to shop (there's literally everything you need!), where better to host such superb and joyous Christmas festivities each weekend in the run-up to Christmas?
This year, giving what you can to the above charities will be the easiest thing you ever do! Throughout the festive season, there will be 20 tap devices in businesses across the city where shoppers can instantly donate by tapping their contactless card, starting from €3.
You'll find these tapping locations at:
- Starbucks Henry Street
- Starbucks Stephen's Green North
- Starbucks College Green
- The Boar's Head, Capel Street
- The Aran Store, O'Connell Street
- The Aran Store, Stephen's Green North
- Sam's Barbers, Dame Lane
- The Gaiety Theatre, South King Street
- Asia Market, Drury Street
- Café en Seine, Dawson Street
- NoLita, George's Street
- Jervis Shopping Centre
- Ultimate Hair and Beauty, GPO Arcade
- Lemon & Duke, Duke Lane
- The Bankers, Trinity Street
- Ilac Shopping Centre
- Starbucks, Westmoreland Street
- The Mercantile, Dame Street
Then, there's also the Christmas Bus. Not just any bus, mind you, but the marvellous DublinTown Visa Tap to Give for Good Christmas Bus filled with presents donated from Starbucks Ireland!
Hop aboard this festive bus and you can help wrap a Christmas gift for a child living without a home. Honestly, what better way is there to spread joy around Christmas time?
You can join the fun on the bus from 1pm to 6pm at the following locations:
- Stephen's Green, near Grafton Street (December 6)
- O'Connell Street, next to the spire (December 7)
- Stephen's Green, near Grafton Street (December 8)
- O’Connell Street, next to The Spire (December 13)
- Stephen's Green, near Grafton Street (December 14)
- O’Connell Street, next to The Spire(December 15)
- Stephen's Green, near Grafton Street (December 20)
- O’Connell Street, next to The Spire (December 21)
- Stephen's Green, near Grafton Street (December 22)
Now, if there's one thing that'll warm your heart, and plenty of others out there this Christmas, we think this just might be it. After all, Christmas is about sharing, giving and caring, and providing these to those most in need is a gift that lasts forever.
Brought to you by DublinTown
Following on from the success of last year's Chari-Tree Christmas campaign, DublinTown and Visa are working together again to help raise funds for three deserving charities. For information on this and more, see DublinAtChristmas.ie