Eight food businesses were served with Closure Orders in April
Eight food businesses were issued with Closure Orders in April.
The Food Safety Authority of Ireland issued the eight Closure Orders for breaches of food safety legislation, pursuant to the FSAI Act, 1998 and the EC (Official Control of Foodstuffs) Regulations, 2010.
The closures affect six businesses in Dublin and two in Wexford.
Five Closure Orders was served under the FSAI Act, 1998 on:
- Jaffa (restaurant), 10 Burgh Quay, Dublin 2
- Anu's Kitchen (restaurant), Unit 3, Glen Abbey Complex, Belgard Road, Tallaght, Dublin 24
- Asian Spices Food Market (grocery), 12 Moore Street, Dublin 1
- Buffet 79 (restaurant), 10 Moore Street, Dublin 1
- Chill Out Break Café (restaurant), 11 Moore Street, Dublin 1
Three Closure Orders were served under the EC (Official Control of Foodstuffs) Regulations, 2010 on:
- Relish (restaurant), Unit G8 & 9, Dundrum Village Centre, Dundrum, Dublin 14
- Wok Inn Chinese Take Away, Lower Main Street, Ferns, Wexford
- Lotus (restaurant) (Closed Area: applies to all areas of the food business with the exception of the low risk retail area i.e. off licence and shop), 70 South Main Street, Wexford
Commenting on the Closure Orders, Dr Pamela Byrne, Chief Executive, FSAI said:
“While the vast majority of food businesses are compliant with food safety and hygiene requirements, unfortunately food inspectors continue to encounter cases where consumers’ health is put at possible risk through negligent practices. There are absolutely no excuses for these breaches of food law."
More information on businesses served with closure orders can be found here.