Manchester Arena survivor, 20, dies four years after terror attack 2 months ago

Manchester Arena survivor, 20, dies four years after terror attack

"We’re heartbroken, it’s like a bad dream."

A survivor of the Manchester Arena attack has died at home at the age of 20.

Advertisement

Eve Aston attended the Ariana Grande concert that was subjected to a horrific terror attack back in 2017. Her family have now confirmed that she has died at home.

Aston’s family confirmed the tragic news on a fundraising page and said the aftermath of the tragedy had "took its toll" on the 20-year-old.

On May 22, 2017, a bomb killed twenty-two people at the concert, with countless more suffering mental and physical injuries. Aston, sixteen at the time, was one of the survivors.

Eve's mum Amanda wrote on a GoFundMe page: "From the moment she was born she was a jolly soul, she had a very funny sense of humour and was a daddy’s girl.

"She always had friends around her and was having sleepovers. She had lots of friends who she was always there for."

Aston, a huge fan of Ariana Grande, attended the concert with her family along with 14,200 other fans. Though she was not in the blast radius, the mental impact of such an event had haunted her ever since.

"She couldn’t sleep or hear bangs after the concert. She grieved for the 22," said her family. "Since then she has been back to Manchester and has loved putting flowers down for people."

Advertisement

Though the family reported she "seemed to be getting back to her old self," Her father was the one to find her on July 23.

"We’re heartbroken, it’s like a bad dream. It’s like she’s going to walk back through the door and say “got ya!"

The family set up a GoFundMe to raise £4,500 to cover Eve's funeral costs, and have already exceeded their target.