Morgan Freeman responds after women come forward with sexual harassment claims 2 years ago

Morgan Freeman responds after women come forward with sexual harassment claims

It comes after the allegations were made public earlier today

Morgan Freeman has responded after eight women came forward to accuse him of inappropriate behaviour and harassment.

The allegations against the actor were first reported by CNN on Thursday.

A total of 16 people were interviewed about allegations against the actor. Some claimed Freeman harassed them, while others said that they witnessed inappropriate behaviour.

Responding, Freeman, 80, told Sky News in a statement: "Anyone who knows me or has worked with me knows I am not someone who would intentionally offend or knowingly make anyone feel uneasy.

"I apologise to anyone who felt uncomfortable or disrespected - that was never my intent."

It comes after a woman told CNN that she had been harassed by the actor in 2015 while she was working as a production assistant on the movie, Going in Style. She claimed that Freeman touched her inappropriately several times and commented on her clothing and body.

The anonymous woman claimed that Freeman "kept trying to lift up my skirt and asking if I was wearing underwear." He is alleged to have done this a number of times, until his co-star Alan Arkin interrupted him.

Three entertainment reporters also told the news channel that Freeman had made inappropriate remarks towards them during interviews.