Schoolgirl electrocuted when phone fell into bath while it was charging 2 years ago

Schoolgirl electrocuted when phone fell into bath while it was charging

A schoolgirl has died after being electrocuted by her phone when it fell into the bath while it was charging.

The 12-year-old Russian girl, known as Kseniya P, was listening to music in the bath when the incident occurred.

Police said she died instantly.

Local media reports that Kseniya had taken a bath after returning home from a basketball game in Moscow.

She was listening to music on her phone when the device ran out of power.

A preliminary investigation has shown that Kseniya dropped the phone into the bath when the charging cable was attached.

The girl was found by her mother, who entered the bathroom when she became worried by her daughter's silence.

She found Kseniya “already dead with her head under the water."

Emergency services tried to resuscitate the 12-year-old but she had already passed away.

This comes after a 14-year-old Vietnamese girl was electrocuted by a broken iPhone cable while she slept.

Le Thi Xoan was charging her phone late last year when she rolled over and touched the exposed wires.

Her parents rushed her to hospital in Hanoi but she was pronounced dead.