Six Irish food businesses were served closure orders last month
Know any of these?
It was announced today by the Food Safety Authority (FSAI) that six Irish business were served with closure orders for breaches of food safety legislation last month.
The business affected were in both Dublin and Louth and were told to close shop immediately pursuant to the FSAI Act, 1998 and the EC (Official Control of Foodstuffs) Regulations, 2010.
The closures were served under the FSAI Act, 1998 on the six following:
- Aladdins Cave, Montessori School and Creche, Stoney Lane, Ardee, Louth
- SM Cuisine Limited T/A Dera, 138 Parnell Street, Dublin 1
- Hab Foods Limited t/a Haji Baba (Closed Area: Black container unit located adjacent to the main building only), Unit 20 Cherry Orchard Industrial Estate, Ballyfermot Road Ballyfermot, Dublin 10
- Paparazzi, 35 Main St Ongar, Dublin 15
- Oche Takeaway, Unit 5, Tallaght Retail Centre High Street Tallaght, Dublin 24
- Panda House, 43 Barrack Street Dundalk, Louth
Under the EC (Official Control of Foodstuffs) Regulations, 2010, closure orders and prohibition orders are served where there is a non-compliance with food legislation
Closure and improvement orders will remain in the reports for a period of three months from the date the order was lifted. Prohibition orders will remain in the reports for a period of one month from the date the order was lifted.
More details on the closure orders are available on the FSAI website here.