Two arrested following assault on 17-year-old-girl 1 year ago

Two arrested following assault on 17-year-old-girl

Two male adult teenagers have been arrested for the serious assault.

Gardaí investigating the assault on 17-year-old Alanna Quinn Idris and a teenage boy have arrested two teens.


A statement from the force reads: "Garda from Ballyfermot and Clondalkin have this morning conducted a number of searches and arrested two male adult teenagers in respect of a serious assault that took place in the vicinity of the Civic Offices Ballyfermot Road on the 30/12/2021 at approximately 9.30pm in which a female and a male sustained serious injuries.

"Both males are detained at Garda stations in west Dublin under the provisions of Section 4 of the Criminal Justice Act 1984."

The Gardaí at Ballyfermot continue to appeal for witnesses to the assault to come forward. They are also urging any motorists with dash cam footage who may have been on the Ballyfermot Road between 9:15pm and 10pm on 30 December to get in touch. They can contact Ballyfermot Garda Station on 6667200 or the Garda Confidential line on 1800 666 111.

Earlier this week, Alanna's mother spoke to RTÉ about the assault. She said that her daughter was hit after trying to intervene in an argument. Alanna subsequently sustained a ruptured eyeball, broken cheek bones and a damaged eye socket.


The two victims were taken to St James' Hospital for treatment following the assault. They have both been discharged but continue to receive outpatient care.

A GoFundMe set up for the teenagers' recovery states that Alanna's friend was stabbed in the incident.

In a post on Instagram, Alanna said that the damage is so bad that there is a 90% chance she won't be able to see out of her right eye.

She also thanked everyone for supporting her in her recovery saying: "Thank you so so much to everyone who's sent me a message over the past few days. I've been absolutely showered with love and support by so many kind hearts."