Two primary school students in Dublin hospitalised over potential ecstasy ingestion
Gardaí are currently investigating a case whereby two children could of potentially taken a Class A drug on the school playground.
According to 98FM, the students were reportedly given the tablets by a secondary school student.
The issue was immediately reported to staff and the two pupils were taken to Temple Street Hospital as a precaution. This morning, Gardaí issued the following statement:
"Gardai from Blanchardstown attended a school in Blanchardstown. An incident had been reported to them by school staff. Two students attended Temple St Hospital as a precaution. We would not disclose ages"
They continued to say...
"there is no evidence at this stage to suggest that it was a controlled substance".
The incident occurred on the playground on January 22nd and investigations are currently underway.