Warning issued as Dublin house fire caused by electric scooter
Anyone with an electric scooter is advised to be very careful.
Dublin Fire Brigade has alerted the public to an incident that occurred in west Dublin on Saturday morning. Two fire truck units were dispatched to the house. Thankfully there were no injuries.
In a tweet, the official Twitter account for Dublin Fire Brigade noted: "Firefighters responded to a house fire in West Dublin this morning. An electric scooter, which had been charging, was alight. The family evacuated and there were no injuries.
"Check electric scooters for a genuine CE safety mark and never leave them unattended while charging."
CE marking is a certification mark that indicates conformity with health, safety, and environmental protection standards for products sold within the European Economic Area.
The Dublin Fire Brigade also shared an image of the burned scooter.