Irish Rail issue disruption notices to various routes across the country
You might want to rethink your travelling arrangements.
Irish Rail has issued a notice if you're heading to Cork, Limerick or Tralee tomorrow as line improvement works will cause a lot of disruption.
These line improvement works take place on "selected Saturdays, focusing this year on the section between Newbridge and Ballybrophy," the Irish Rail website reads.
It is because "the annual investment of €10 million in line improvements will lead to higher reliability, smoother running of trains and with other works deliver consistent 160kph speeds. This will deliver journey time improvements for customers."
Reminder: Revised timetables for Cork, Limerick and Tralee services on Saturday 12th of May due to line improvement works https://t.co/pv5FgawYV6
— Iarnród Éireann (@IrishRail) May 11, 2018
So, tomorrow May 12, as well as May 26 and June 9, you can expect a number of delays to service to and from Cork, Limerick and Tralee.
These are the disruption taking place:
- Cork services will operate every hour in each direction with altered timings
- Limerick services will operate every hour, connecting to Cork services at Limerick Junction
- Tralee services will operate every 2 hours, connecting to Cork services at Mallow
- 17:05hrs Dublin to Tralee is cancelled. Passengers should board the 17:05hrs Dublin to Cork service and change at Mallow for a connecting service. Please note that there will be a delay of 25 - 30 minutes from Mallow to Tralee
- Nenagh Line services will operate with altered timings, please change at Ballybrophy for connecting services
- Please note - On Saturday 12th May a large number of services will have their departure times changed on the Dublin to Cork, Mallow to Cork and Tralee, Limerick to Limerick Junction and Limerick to Ballybrophy routes
You can visit here for more information.