This Weekend You... Should Beautify!
Whether it's that long overdue wax, a much needed haircut or treating your tired skin to a face mask, beauty treatments tend to be one of those things that are put to the bottom of the list of priorities during the week.
So, once the weekend arrives, spending an hour pampering and improving yourself is a great use of your time, whether you have the budget for an indulgent treat or fancy a cheap and cheerful DIY touch up at home.
Here's a couple of ideas!
1) Hair today, gone tomorrow
You've gotten so used to having the same old cut and colour that you don't even notice it anymore so maybe it's time to bite the bullet and make a change. With the summer months on the horizon, losing a few inches can put a serious spring in your step and make a huge difference to your appearance.
A bob is always one of the hot trends for summer and this year, those in the know advise a retro-inspired blunt finish for major style points. One of the best things about the bob is that is can be adapted to suit all face shapes and hair types so if you fancy going for the chop, have a chat with a good hairdresser first to make sure you get the best shape for you. Keira Knightley and Alexa Chung are two of our favourite celebs rocking the look.
If you can't face losing your length, why not try some balayage or ombré highlights to put a new spin on your locks?
2) Get down to the nitty gritty
Good skin is all about preparation, preparation, preparation. Exfoliating a few times a week, using the right moisturiser for your skin type and kickstarting your regime with a face mask can take your skin from dull and boring to glowing and healthy.
Of course, the budget doesn't always allow a splurge on some new products so if you're a bit strapped for cash, try putting your kitchen cupboards on overtime with this handy recipe!
Honey and Oatmeal Facial Scrub (via homemadeforelle.com)
- 1/2 cup of oatmeal
- 2 tbsp honey
- 1 tsp nutmeg
- 15 drops Lavender essential oil
- 15 drops Tea Tree essential oil
- 1 tsp dried lavender (optional)
- Run oatmeal through the blender to break it up a bit. You don’t want it be too powdery, just break it up a tiny bit.
- Transfer oatmeal back into the measuring cup.
- Add remaining ingredients. You can also add dried lavender if you have it.
- Stir to combine all ingredients. It will be a bit crumbly. Add more honey to mixture if necessary to combine.
- Transfer the scrub to a small Tupperware or glass container with a lid.