What Happens When A Manicure Ends In The Worst Way Imaginable
We’ve all been there - one of those days when a manicure can actually come with a little side serving of pain.
Either you were doing a DIY job or you went to the salon, and maybe you felt the wrong side of the filer, or gave yourself a sharp little cut. For one woman though, her bad manicure actually lead to the amputation of four of her fingers.
The Journal of Plastic, Reconstructive and Aesthetic Surgery in the UK revealed that a female patient recently had four fingers amputated in London after they had become infected from a manicure.
What is supposed to be a treat truly turned into a nightmare from hell for this woman. With skin cuts, allergic reactions and infections already a risk this latest news follows a report by the BBC that showed many nail salons in the UK use untrained staff along with fake Shellac products.
Hat tip: Cosmopolitan UK.