Fancy competing in the Rose of Tralee? Dublin is on the lookout for a 'True Blue'
Do you watch it every year?
Or have you wished to be on the Rose of Tralee since you were a little girl?
Well, you could be in luck as Dublin is currently looking for its Rose.
The Rose of Tralee has launched its search for this year's applicants and the Dublin Rose Centre is looking for a 'True Blue'.
It's been 15 years since a Dublin Rose won, so you know... no pressure.
The Dublin Rose Centre website reads: "Our current Dublin Rose is Maria Coughlan from Malahide who entered as a Rose just like everyone else, and ended up in the Dome with Daithi!
"If applying to be a Rose is something you have always wanted to do, then why not go ahead and make next year your year?!"
However, there are a few things to consider before you send an application in:
- Be unmarried or never been married.
- Be female, born in Ireland or an Irish citizen or of Irish origin by virtue of one of your ancestors having been born in Ireland.
- For applicants residing outside the island of Ireland – be living in the region you wish to represent for a minimum of one year and recommend that if selected as the Rose that you will remain resident in this region for the following 12 months.
- Never have previously represented any Centre as a Rose in the Regional Festival or International Rose of Tralee Selection.
- Be available for Rose Selection events and if selected be available for International Festival events.
You will also need an Entrant Sponsorship fee of €250... good luck!