45 tasty recipes to make the most of your tinned food stockpile
Admit it, you panic-bought some foods you've never used before just as the Covid crisis was taking off.
Wanting to stock up on non-perishables is understandable - but has resulted in many of us having an oversupply of ingredients we're not sure how to use.
Don't stress. We've gathered dozens of our favourite recipes to inspire you to make something tasty out of all the random bits in your cupboards.
These guys are packed with protein, making them super filling and you'll be pleasantly surprised how much you can do with them.
- Happy Pear 5-minute dahl
- Baked red lentil and falafel salad
- Budget lentil and sausage stew
- Red lentil and chorizo soup
- Spiced lentils with baked eggs
- Lentil burgers
- Loaded lentil nachos
- Lentil shepherd's pie
- Baked sweet potato woth Moroccan lentils
- Spiced pepper pilafs
These are similarly versatile and nutritious. You can even use the liquid in the tin as an egg substitute in vegan bakes.
- One-pot chickpea shakshuka
- Pork chops with sweet and sour chickpeas
- Lemon salmon and spiced chickpeas
- Quick chickpea coconut curry
- 5-minute hummus
- Vegetarian meatballs with soy and honey glaze
- Warm chickpea salad
- Chickpea fritters with yoghurt, green chili and cucumber salad
- Vegan meringues
Beans are having a moment right now so get on board.
- Baked beans breakfast scramble
- Beef and kidney bean chilli con carne
- Spicy broad bean, pea and goat's cheese pate
- Mexican black bean soup
- Tuscan chicken and bean stew
- Baked bean casserole
- Broad bean bruschetta
- Pasta fazool
- Beef, broccoli and black bean noodles
- Refried ban quesadillas
- Baked bean burgers
Cheap, tasty and handy, tinned tomatoes are an absolute pantry hero.
- Jamie Oliver's classic minestrone
- Tomato and basil rigatone bake
- Easy seafood paella
- Homemade pizza sauce
- Vegetable jalfrezi
- Cod with tomato and chorizo sauce
- Pork ragu enchiladas
- Roasted ratatouille
Can't face another boring tuna sambo? We've got you.
- Tuna taco bowl
- Salmon hash
- Creamy tuna pasta bake
- Mackerel fishcakes
- Simple tinned salmon salad
- Tuna and tomato calzone
- Quick salmon chowder