This delicious Toblerone mousse requires just THREE ingredients
Ready to meet a dessert so delicious to eat and easy to make it will make you literally weep with joy?
Say hello to the three-ingredient Toblerone mousse you can make in your microwave.
That's right, guys – in your MICROWAVE.
Courtesy of Australian food blogger Phoodie, this treat is so good it will "make you weep – a little … or uncontrollably.. or somewhere in between….Because I can assure you, weep they will!"
Well, we can't not try it after that.
Toblerone Chocolate Mousse
2 cups thickened cream
210g white marshmallows
For the second stage you will need – 2 cups thickened cream (you need to whip this) and 250g Toblerone (roughly chopped to decorate mousse)
1) Roughly chop the 400g of Toblerone and place it in a large microwave safe bowl with the 2 cups of cream and the marshmallows. Stir thoroughly.
2) Microwave on high for 3 minutes (AT 30 SECOND INTERVALS, STIRRING EACH 30 SECONDS, TO ENSURE IT DOESNT BURN!) note: it may take more or less than 3 minutes in your microwave, you are simply aiming to melt all of these ingredients together. As such, you could also do this on the stove, either directly or using a bain marie – but make sure to stir so it doesn’t burn.
3) Remove mixture from microwave, use a whisk to give it a good stir and set aside on your bench for it to cool completely.
4) Whip the additional cream to soft peak stage and chop the additional Toblerone.
5) Add the whipped cream to the cooled Toblerone mixture – start by folding it through with a spatula and then use a whisk to combine it at the final stages. The mixture should be very smooth, you don’t want any random lumps of cream, but remember, the melted Toblerone will mean that there are some almond nougat lumps and that's all good!
6) Divide the mixture into 12 small cups/bowls/tea cups and place into the fridge for about 45 mins or so, just so that the top layer sets slightly. Remove from fridge and top each serving with a generous sprinkling of Toblerone. Place back into fridge for at least eight hours, preferably overnight, to set.