Lidl is selling chocolate Irish cream liqueur for a tenner this Christmas
It's almost Christmas. Or at least, it's almost a time when we can say it's nearly Christmas and people won't get annoyed that it's almost Christmas.
In the lead up to the festive season, chances are you're going to be stocking up on all things delicious.
We're talking unreal cakes, mountains of cheese, and every cream liqueur known to man. After all, if there's a better time to sip a glass of ice cold Irish cream than the winter months, we'd love to hear it.
Thankfully, ahead of this Christmas Lidl are going to be selling a whole lot of festive goodies - including a selection of Irish cream liqueurs for less than a tenner. Sorted.
The retailer this week dropped their premium festival deluxe range. Including everything from Irish oysters to deluxe scallops to delicious macaroons, the range has got pretty much everything you'd need for a solid Christmas week.
The brand's Irish Chocolate Cream Liqueur also makes an appearance in the range, and thank god for that. Retailing at €9.99, the 70cl bottle is 15% ABV, and is ideal for seasonal sipping on the rocks, or the perfect ingredient to jazz up any cocktail.
Chocolate espresso martinis, anyone? Here's a recipe if you're any way that inclined.
You'll need (serves 1):
- 70ml Irish Cream Liqueur of Deluxe
- 70ml vodka
- 60ml espresso coffee (double)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 handful ice cubes
- White chocolate shavings to serve
- Cocktail shaker, cocktail glass
1. Place all ingredients into a cocktail shaker along with ice - use fresh-from-the-freezer ice, as melting ice is too watery and will dilute the martini. You want the ice to smash up while chilling the liquid down as this is what creates the frothy top.
2. Once shaken, tap the side to break the vacuum seal and using a strainer, or strainer on the shaker, pour into chilled glasses. Garnish with white chocolate shavings.
The range also includes Lidl's Irish Salted Caramel Liqueur for €9.99, and the Irish Cream Liqueur for €9.49.