Recipe: Creamy avocado and blue cheese pasta that's ready in approx 15 mins
Lads, we know. It's Monday. A stressful time for all involved.
There's meetings, there's deadlines, there's the 1k+ emails that you still need to catch up on from Friday and the subsequent weekend.
It's a harrowing enough day, so why in God's name would you want to be cooking tonight?
Because you can cook something really simple, delicious, hearty, and with minimal ingredients - that's why.
Behold; the avocado and blue cheese pasta sauce that is painfully easy to make and miles different from your standard pesto pasta that you (and I) have become so reliant on during these trying times.
Enjoy it, yeah? You deserve.
You'll need (serves 2):
- 200g pasta (your choice)
- 1 ripe avocado
- Handful of fresh coriander, chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 100g blue cheese or Gorgonzola, chopped
- 1 tbsp chilli flakes
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- Cracked black pepper
- Salt (for cooking pasta)
- Some water
1. Cook the pasta according to the instructions on the packet with a pinch of salt. Meanwhile, de-stone your avocado, mince your garlic, and chop up the fruit flesh.
2. Add avocado, garlic, and a splash of water to a food processor or blender and blend until smooth. Add more water if necessary, but don't let it get too watery.
3. Stir in the avocado sauce to the cooked pasta. Add chilli flakes, chopped coriander, and pieces of cheese to the pot. Stir until combined, and serve immediately with some cracked black pepper on top.
See? Told you. 15 minutes, sorted.