The four-step iced latte recipe you never knew you needed
The heatwave can't quite seem to decide if it wants to stick around in Ireland, with this weekend heating up again after a few cooler days.
Many people made the switch to iced lattes when the temperatures began to heat up and they need their caffeine fix, and, honestly, we can't blame them.
If you're one of the people who has made the swap and isn't quite ready to go back to warmer drinks, we've found the perfect way to make an iced latte at home.
Even better? It only needs four ingredients - and takes just four steps.
Be warned, though: the recipe makes just one latte, so adjust it according depending how many cups you're brewing up.
Here's what you need...
- 1 cup ice
- 4 oz espresso, such as Starbucks® Espresso Roast
- ¾ cup whole milk
- sweetener of choice, such as vanilla or classic syrup (optional)
Here's what you need to do...
- Fill a glass with ice and then pour in your freshly brewed espresso
- Pour the milk and your sweetner of choice into a separate, sealable jar - stopping when it is 3/4 full.
- Close it as tightly as you can and shake, shake shake it.
- Pour the milk (and the foam) into the glass with the espresso and the ice.