Cheers! These Christmas Cocktails Are About To Really Start Your Party!
As the saying goes, deck the halls with boughs of holly, and top our flutes so we’ll be jolly (ok, we could have reworked the lyrics slightly).
Christmas is a time for food, little indulgences and a festive tipple to tide you over to New Year’s.
While you may be resorting to the confines of your kitchen over the next few nights, there’s nothing to say you can’t have a world-class cocktails at your feet.
The Sussex Restaurant and Cocktail Bar’s head Mixologist, Lorcan Savage has shared his very Christmas inspired (and ridiculously delicious sounding) cocktail recipes to leave you feeling nothing but Christmas cheer…
Make ours a double!
Sussex Mulled Wine Cocktail
- ¾ glass of Syrah red wine
- 5ml Hennessey cognac
- 10ml spice syrup
- Long strip of orange and lemon zest (no white pith attached)
- Drop of honey
- 35ml Stameens fresh pressed apple juice
Method: Gently warm all ingredients (careful not to boil). Serve with clove studded orange slice.
Irish Christmas Coffee
- 45ml Teelings small batch whiskey
- 20ml spice syrup
- 200ml strong coffee
- 75 ml cream with a pinch of nutmeg cinnamon and Demerara sugar, lighlty whipped
Method: Mix coffee, syrup and whiskey in glass. When liquid had stopped moving, allow the cream to float on top by holding a teaspoon on surface and pouring the cream slowly on to the centre. Garnished with a coffee bean and coco powder.
Santa’s Espresso Martini
- 25 ml kahlua
- 35ml vanilla vodka
- 10ml spice syrup
- Double espresso
Method: Shaken and strained into martini glass, topped with a layer of lightly whipped cream with Demerara, cinnamon and nutmeg.
- 35ML Dingle gin
- 15ml Martini rosso
- 35ml Mulled wine (recipe as above)
- 5ml Cherry Herring liquor
- 5ml lemon juice
Method: All ingredients shaken and double strained into chilled martini glass. Garnished with clove studded orange zest wrapped around a cherry on a cocktail pick
The Sussex Clove and Cinnamon Rum Punch
- 25ml Havana rum
- 25ml sailor jerry rum
- 10ml lime
- 5ml spice sugar syrup ( 50/50 sugar and boiling water, add 10 cloves and 1 cracked cinnamon stick for 1 pint and leave to infuse at least 1 full day, or use monin gingerbread syrup)
- 50 ml pineapple
- 30 ml cranberry
- 30ml apple juice
Method: Shake hard and strain into ice filled glass