The Designer Dublin Christmas Market is coming to College Green very soon
You can't beat hand-crafted and Irish!
If you want to be a bit different this year and think outside of the box when it comes to giving gifts, then why not head to the Designer Dublin Christmas Market.
The market will be full of Irish-made artwork, photography, jewellery and fashion from a range of designers, so you are sure to find something special for your loved ones.
The event will take over Bank of Ireland’s forecourt at College Green the last weekend before Christmas and will open from 10am to 8pm Friday, 20 December, and 10am to 6pm Saturday, 21 December.
Speaking in advance of the Designer Dublin Christmas Market, Marion Walshe, who is managing the market, said:
"We’re really looking forward to bringing a host of wonderful Irish designers and their crafts to Dublin’s College Green the last weekend before Christmas.
"As well as a host of quality products on sale from local producers and designers, a brass band will be on hand to entertain punters at lunchtime both days, with food and hot drinks available, making the market the ideal city-centre festive day out!"
Sounds good to us! Loads of designers will take part including:
- JP Crafts, who will be selling a range of luxury hand-made scented candles, made in Dublin using ethical, locally-sourced products
- Design by Bell, who produce pattern cushions with a modern take on chinoiserie, botanicals and seaweed motifs, designed, printed and made in Ireland on Irish linen, as well as cotton and linen mix and satin
- Wildbird Studio, stained-glass handmade homewares by designer Alison Byrne
- Tremendous Truffles, handmade truffles made in Dublin 12, all made with natural flavourings
- The Ethical Silk Company, designing and producing luxury mulberry silk clothing, homewares and accessories; with many more to be announced in the coming weeks
A Christmas market the weekend before the Big Day? You can't beat it. For more information, check out here.