Recipe: Delicious Dairy-Free Brown Bread
We're big fans of using natural ingredients here at Her.ie and when we came across this simple recipe for bread, we had to give it a go!
This great recipe for a delicious loaf of dairy-free brown bread was created by Laura Kenny, and it's full of flavour and tasty ingredients.
Dairy-Free Brown Bread
- 425g brown/ wholemeal flour
- 40g sesame seeds
- 40g sunflower seeds
- 40g pumpkin seeds
- 15g poppy seeds
- 15g linseeds
- 2tsp baking powder
- 1tsp salt (optional)
- 550ml water
- 1tbsp treacle
- Preheat the oven to 180C (170C for fan).
- Sift flour & baking powder, mix in all seeds.
- In a jug combine the water & treacle – mix this together as much as possible. Pour into a well in the centre of the dry ingredients and fold in. The mixture should be quite sloppy.
- Transfer to a greased 2lb loaf tin and bake for 60 minutes (It only took 50 minutes in my fan oven).
- Allow to cool on a wire rack.
Recipe courtesy of Laura Kenny of DairyFreeKids