Recipe For Success: A Delicious Roast Chicken Cajun Baguette
One thing that we’ve noticed over the years is that food plays such an important role our in lives and not just for fuel but for entertaining and providing us with fond memories too.
We’ve chatted to some of Ireland’s well-known faces and eateries to discover their favourite dishes and meals, be it from their childhood or simply something they like to rustle up at home. _______________________________________________________________
This week, we’re looking at making a delicious roast chicken Cajun baguette.
Whether you’re planning a summer bbq, packing a picnic or just want to spice up the lunchbox, this simple recipe from Aldi takes just minutes to make and is filled with fresh, juicy ingredients for even the fussiest eater.
We’ll take two…
Roast Cajun Chicken Baguette
Makes 1 large Baguette, made for sharing
- 1 whole part-baked baguette
- 4 tablespoons of mayonnaise
- 1 clove of garlic
- The juice of half a lime
- 4 leaves of iceberg lettuce (use a bag of iceberg lettuce if you’re tight on time!)
- 1 large tomato
- 1 pack of Specially Selected Roast Cajun Chicken
1. Place the baguette on a baking tray and splash with a little water. Bake in the oven according to the packet’s instructions. Allow to cool.
2. Meanwhile, put the mayonnaise in a small bowl. Finely grate in the garlic clove and add the lime juice. Mix well.
3. Slice the baguette and spread the garlic and lime mayonnaise all over the inside of the baguette.
4. Tear the iceberg lettuce leaves and add to the baguette. Top with the Cajun Chicken. Slice the tomato and arrange in the baguette. Pack whole and refrigerate until you’re ready to go.
Include a bread knife in your picnic basket so that you can slice the baguette when you arrive at your picnic destination.