Recipe: Tasty Summer Gluten Free Lamb Skewers
One of the most over-looked meats when it comes to barbecuing, a succulent cut of lamb makes for a delicious addition to summer cooking.
These tasty gluten-free lamb skewers can be made in minutes, with minimal preparation and clean-up. A definite crowd-pleaser, they're also ideal for a summer party.
Check out the simple recipe below:
Gluten-Free Lamb Skewers
Serves 4, prep time is 5 minutes and cooking time is 10 minutes.
400g Irish minced lamb
1 clove garlic, crushed
1 tbsp freshly chopped coriander
3 tbsp freshly chopped mint
½ tsp ground cumin
½ tsp chilli powder
½ tsp ground cinnamon
Freshly ground salt and black pepper
140ml low fat natural yoghurt
1 bag crispy leaf salad
- Pre-heat a BBQ, griddle or grill.
- Mix together the lamb, garlic, coriander, 1 tbsp mint and spices and season well.
- Divide the mixture into 8 and roll each into a sausage shape.
- Push a wooden skewer through each and press the mixture onto skewers.
- Cook by your chosen method for around 8–10 minutes, turning occasionally, until cooked through.
- Meanwhile, stir the remaining mint into the yoghurt and place in a suitable serving dish.
- Serve the cooked lamb skewers with the yoghurt dip and crispy salad.