These Are The Most Popular Slang Terms For Being On Your Period
If you are interested in expanding your vocabulary, there are plenty of... colourful... ways to say you're on your period.
In fact, a recent survey found that there are a whopping 5,000 ways to express that it's your time of the month, and many of them are very inventive indeed.
From 'Mad Cow Disease' to 'Dolmio Day' *shudder*, a survey conducted by Clue unveiled the most popular ways to let everyone know not to piss you off right now.
90,000 people across 190 different countries were surveyed, so this list is pretty exhaustive.
And the ten most popular terms in the UK are:
- Aunt Flo/Auntie Flow
- Time of the month
- On the rag
- Red tide/army
- Code Red
- Monthly visitor
- Lady time
- Surfing the crimson wave/tide
- Bloody Mary
- The blob
- Shark week
- Having the painters in
The most popular terms in the world are:
- There are communists in the funhouse – Denmark
- The English have landed – France
- Mad cow disease – Finland
- Granny’s stuck in traffic – South Africa
- I’m with Chico – Brazil
- Little sister has come – China
- The cranberry woman is coming – Germany
- Birthing a blood diamond – no known origin, but brilliant nonetheless
Granny's stuck in traffic is 100% our new fave.