Asan N'jie issues fresh statement after being dropped from Emmerdale
Former Emmerdale actor Asan N'jie has issued a fresh statement after being dropped from the soap last month.
The actor had his contract "terminated with immediate effect" after he threatened to kill Hollyoaks' Jamie Lomas at the TV Choice Awards last month.
He took to Twitter on Friday to tell his. followers that he has "learned" and "grown" - thanking everyone who had "reached out and had my back."
"The universe tends to unfold as it should," he added.
All the people who’ve reached out and had my back you’ll never know how much I appreciate you. I’ve learned, I’ve grown and now I’m working harder than ever to finish what I started. Keep you’re circle tight and always fall forward! The universe tends to unfold as it should. ✌?❤️ pic.twitter.com/IRFym1h1Uf
— Asan N'jie (@AsanNjie) October 4, 2019
He was suspended from the soap following the news of his threats to Lomas, with an ITV spokesperson confirming two days later that his contract had been terminated.
However, soap insiders told The Mirror that his character - Ellis Chapman - would still be on screen for up to six weeks, as he had already filmed the scenes.
They added that it would be "virtually impossible" to remove his character from the 'dales, without having to cancel any episodes.
Speaking in mid-September, the source said:
“Asan will still appear in the episodes he has recorded which will air for the next six weeks or so.
“There have been some meetings to decide what to do and this seems the most sensible option. We regularly have to rewrite scenes due to cast sickness and so it is not as unusual as it sounds to be suddenly re-writing storylines.
“By next week we will be filming scenes which will help write out Ellis and explain his absence from the show for good.”