#Covid-19: 14 deaths and 294 new cases of coronavirus have been confirmed in Republic of Ireland
The latest figures were announced on Saturday.
14 people have died and 294 new cases of coronavirus have been confirmed in the Republic of Ireland, the Health Protection Surveillance Centre said today [March 28].
All 14 deaths located in the east of the country.
The Health Protection Surveillance Centre also said that they have been informed of 294 new confirmed cases of COVID-19 in Ireland, as at 1pm, Saturday March 28.
The HSE is now working to identify any contacts the patients may have had to provide them with information and advice to prevent further spread.
There are now 2,415 confirmed cases of COVID-19 in the Republic of Ireland. Earlier today [March 28], 49 new cases of coronavirus were confirmed in Northern Ireland, bringing the total to 324.
The overall number of cases in Ireland is 2,739.
To date, 36 people have died in connection with the virus in the Republic of Ireland, while 15 people have died in Northern Ireland.
“Today, we have our highest recorded number of deaths so far. Our condolences are with the family and friends of all patients who have died as a result of COVID-19," Dr. Tony Holohan, Chief Medical Officer, Department of Health, said.
“We thank all citizens who have complied with restrictive measures, who continue to follow public health advice and remain concerned for those around them.
“We must remain focused in our shared efforts to prevent the spread of this infection, to prevent severe illness especially that which requires ICU admission and ultimately save lives.”
“The Department of Health, HSE and our frontline workers will continue to take every action against COVID-19, but it is each and every one of us, individually, who has the power to reduce this threat. Stay at home, follow the advice and protect one another," Dr. Ronan Glynn, Deputy Chief Medical Officer, Department of Health, said.