Boyband Star Dane Bowers Found Guilty Of Assaulting His Ex 6 years ago

Boyband Star Dane Bowers Found Guilty Of Assaulting His Ex

Dane Bowers has been convicted of assaulting his ex-girlfriend. 

The former Another Level singer was engaged to former Miss Wales Sophia Cahill for a year before the pair split last December.

Advertisement

Dane alleged he acted in self defense following Ms. Cahill's claims that he had left her with a bloody nose in a row in January at his parents' home.

CHELMSFORD, ENGLAND - JULY 13: Dane Bowers and Sophia Cahill attend the Duke Of Essex Polo Grand Prix Trophy at Hylands Park on July 13, 2013 in Chelmsford, England. (Photo by Ben A. Pruchnie/Getty Images)
The pair split in December. 

He told Croydon Magistrates' court that although he had made contact when he hit out during the altercation, that the injury was an accident.

The court heard that the argument began when Ms. Cahill questioned Dane about glitter on his face.

She said: "I had caught him in bed with somebody (before). That obviously gave us trust issues.

“We were still living together and we said that if we are still living under the same roof we would not do anything to disrespect each other and do anything with other people.

“He had been out all night and obviously I jumped to conclusions because of other things he has done in the past.”

Advertisement

LONDON, UNITED KINGDOM - MARCH 13: Dane Bowers leaving The Tric Awards held atThe Grosvenor House Hotel on March 13, 2012 in London, England. (Photo by Sylvia Linares/FilmMagic)
The altercation occurred in January. 

Bowers denied one count of assault by beating, and told the court that he "grabbed her by the arms, to move her out, and she fell to the floor.

He added: "We both stumbled, it was like a scuffle, and she did go to the floor. I didn’t throw her to the floor.

"That’s when I must have hit her on the nose, that was me trying to get away from her."

However, District Judge Andrew Sweet said: “I am satisfied that he assaulted her in the manner she described.”

Advertisement

He adjourned the case for sentencing on October 15th and did not rule out a prison sentence.