Holly Willoughby comments on Ant McPartlin before taking over I'm A Celeb role
Holly Willoughby has commented on Ant McPartlin ahead of her I'm A Celebrity, Get Me Out Of Here! debut.
The This Morning presenter is due to take up the role next weekend and has said that although she is looking forward to it, she doesn't like saying that she is Ant's "replacement."
She told The Sun: “I’m just looking after it until he gets back. It’s lovely that he trusted me with it."
She also added that it was "weird" and "unexpected" having been asked to take the role, but that she was glad that Ant had OK'ed her to take over.
However, Holly did say that she believed she and Dec were going to be well able for each other considering they've been friends for so long.
“It’s much easier if you work with somebody who is a friend," she said. "When you genuinely get on on screen, it’s going to work. It’s unsurprising.”
Ant was due to present the ITV reality show earlier this year, but following his drunk driving offence and his time in rehab, he decided to take more time off work to recover.
The 42-year-old is due to return to his hosting duties some times next year.
This year's series of I'm A Celeb kicks off on Sunday, November 18.
A supposedly leaked lineup emerged last night detailing that Coronation Street's Sair Khan, The Chase's Anne Hegarty and former footballer Harry Redknapp would indeed be entering the jungle, as predicted.
Also joining them will allegedly be The Inbetweeners' Emily Atack, X Factor's Fleur East, and Rita Simons.