3 Skinny St Patrick's Day cocktails for less than 100 calories
Even the most restrictive diet plans tend to allow a little alcohol after an induction period. Thank GOD.
If you're trying to lose weight however, you've probably been warned to avoid red wine, beer and sugary concoctions like the plague, which is fine, unless it's St Patrick's Day.
There's no denying it's best to stick to clear spirits with low calorie or soda water mixers (normal cocktails can contain up to 700 calories!), but that vodka and soda can look a little drab during cocktail hour.
Here are three ways to toast the weekend in style... without blowing all your good work.
TIP: If you like your cocktails sweet, feel free to add a little Splenda to taste and feel free to Irish them up with a little green food colouring. St Patrick would approve.
The Skinny Blueberry Mojito (100 cals)
- 90mls vodka
- 120mls Sprite zero
- 2 sprigs fresh mint (reserve one sprig for garnish)
- 1 tbsp fresh blueberries (reserve a few for garnish)
- Muddle vodka, mint and blueberries together in a shaker.
- Add one cup of crushed ice and SHAKE, SHAKE, SHAKE!
- Pour into a cocktail glass and top with Sprite Zero, garnish with remaining mint and blueberries!
Recipe and image by Picklee.com
The Coconut Margarita (80 cals)
- 90mls tequila
- coconut water
- fresh lime
- Pour a shot of tequila over ice in a rocks glass.
- Add a splash of coconut water. Squeeze in a slice of fresh lime
Image and recipe (adapted): Withsaltandwit.com
The Fresh Grapefruit Greyhound (100 cals)
- 90mls vodka
- juice of one fresh grapefruit (about 6 ounces)
- 180mls club soda
- Split ingredients between 2 glasses with ice
- Stir well and serve
Recipe and image by Camillastyles.com