You can now get Domino's delivered straight to your car
Don't even need to leave the driving seat. Stunning.
The coronavirus pandemic has taken many things from us - eating indoors, hugging one another, and just generally having a nice time.
But it has also gifted us a few things as well - meal kits, the glory of takeaway pints (RIP), and having pizza delivered directly to your car, without ever needing to leave the comfort of the seat.
Domino's Ireland this week launched its new In Car Collection option, allowing customers an alternate way of picking up their pizza.
Rather than going into the store to pick up their pizza, or simply having it delivered to their home, customers of 19 Irish Domino's branches can now order their pizza, drive nearby to the store, and have their food brought right to their car.
This new method of collection also boasts collection-only deals, meaning that those worried about entering a premises due to the Covid pandemic, can now rest easy as their pizza arrives to them contact-free in the comfort of their own car.
In Car Collection launched a while back in England and Wales, and proved quite successful, so we imagine the sitch will very much be the same here.
Here's how it works:
1. Choose your favourite pizza, sides, desserts and drinks for order and select the In-Car Collection option online or via the app
2. The store will send you a text message 10 minutes before your order is ready for collection
3. Share your current location with the store by clicking a link in the text
4. Pizza chefs get busy making and baking your order. They’ll also track your journey to our store so they'll know you’re outside and have arrived
5. You arrive at the store
6. They bring your order straight to your car, contact free
The full list of Domino's stores offering In Car Collection are as follows:
- East Point Entertainment Village, Belfast
- West Belfast
- Douglas Village, Cork
- Booterstown, Dublin
Enjoy it, yeah?