This fun french toast recipe is perfect for the long weekend
It's the long weekend, so it's practically the law to indulge in a few treats.
There's nothing like a fancy breakfast to really spoil yourself and this particular treat will make you feel like a kid again.
Funfetti french toast is the way forward.
Previously reserved for decorating birthday cakes, sprinkles (or hundreds and thousands as we call them in Ireland) are now an acceptable addition to everything from buns to pancakes.
Recipe and images: Publiclivessecretrecipes
- 6 slices bread
- 1¼ cup dry cake mix (available from Tesco)
- 4 large eggs
- ½ cup whole milk
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- ⅓ cup almond milk
- 1 cup of icing (made up loosely with water according to packet)
- 1 tbsp butter, for the pan
- In a large mixing bowl, combine eggs, milk, vanilla, almond milk, and cake mix. Stir until smooth.
- Dunk bread in mixture and flip until entire piece is covered.
- Place butter in frying pan over medium heat. Add in one slice of bread at a time and flip after roughly 3 minutes or once bottom side has cooked thoroughly and is slightly yellow/golden.
- Warm the icing and pour it over your stack of toast.
- Top with sprinkles and devour.