This is the three-step pumpkin spice latte recipe you need in your life
Pumpkin spiced just-about-anything has become synonymous with the season over the last few years.
We've seen everything from pumpkin spiced candles to pumpkin spiced deodorant over the last few weeks, with there no way to escape the cinnamon-flavoured scent.
But it turns out it's particularly easy to whip up some pumpkin spiced treats in your own kitchen - in particular, the latte.
The cosy drink has become a firm favourite of coffee lovers over the last few years as the days and nights start to get colder.
And it wouldn't be a pumpkin spice latte without some actual pumpkin spice.
While we couldn't find shops in Ireland that would stock the ingredient, we this recipe via Betty Crocker for a make-your-own mix.
- 3 tablespoons group cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons ground ginger
- 2 teaspoons ground nutmeg
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground allspice
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cloves
Mix the spices together in a small bowl, and then you’re set to go.
And as for the latte itself, here’s what you’re going to need:
- 2 cups milk
- 2 tablespoons canned pumpkin (or substitute for pumpkin puree)
- 1 to 2 tablespoons of sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- 1/2 cup freshly brewed coffee
The three-step process to getting your cosy mug of pumpkin spice should take you around 10 minutes to complete.
Here's what you've got to do:
- In 2-quart saucepan, heat milk, pumpkin and sugar over medium heat until hot - but do not boil it.
- Remove it from heat, then stir in 1/2 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice, the vanilla and coffee.
- Pour into 2 large mugs, topped with whipped cream and sprinkle a little bit of pumpkin spice on top - ’tis the season, after all.
Recipe via Betty Crocker.