'Tipsy' iced coffee is a thing – and your summer deserves one
Yes, yes – we know.
The concept of adding alcohol to coffee is nothing new.
But while you might have had a few Irish and Baileys coffees in your day, have you ever had an iced alcoholic coffee?
And if the answer is 'no' – well, then maybe it's about time.
This delicious version uses Amaretto and whipped cream – making it the perfect after-dinner treat or simply just when you fancy something sweet with a bit of a coffee hit to it.
- 4 cups strong brewed coffee
- 1/2 cup amaretto
- 1/4 cup plus 3 tablespoons sugar, divided
- 2/3 cup heavy whipping cream
- In a large bowl, whisk coffee, amaretto and 1/4 cup sugar. Cool to room temperature.
- Transfer to an 8-in. square dish. Freeze 1 hour. Stir with a fork. Freeze 2-3 hours longer or until completely frozen, stirring every 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, beat cream until it begins to thicken. Add remaining sugar; beat until stiff peaks form. Cover and refrigerate until serving.
- To serve, stir mixture with a fork; spoon into glasses. Top with whipped cream. Serve immediately.