19 dad jokes that you need to memorise immediately
How is it that every dad in the world has mastered the dad joke?
Even if you try with every fibre of your being not to laugh... you pretty much just have to.
Here's some of our favourite dad jokes...
1) Let's start with a classic...
2) ...and a real stinker...
3) Some dad jokes are genuinely brilliant though.
4) Any dad would be proud to tell these jokes.
5) So even if you're not a dad, learn them all.
6) You can almost hear all of the nation's partners, sons and daughters groaning.
7) People say dad jokes are so bad, they're almost good.
8) But... they're just good.
9) As long as you can take the pun-ishment.
10) The key to a good dad joke is nailing the pause between the setup and the punchline.
11) Because it's the momentary pause that gives your audience the chance to guess the punchline. But then you jump in there before they get the chance.
12) Sometimes a dad joke sounds like a casual observation or memory.
(But then it becomes clear that you've been dad joked).
13) Sometimes it's one you've heard 1,000 times before. But it's still somehow good.
14) Sometimes you laugh even though you don't want to.
15) But don't feel bad, let the dad joke into your life.
16) Let it in, and the fulfilment that comes with it.
17) Because we all need a bit of humour in our lives.
18) Even if that humour makes you cringe and shake your head...
19) Dads: making you cringe since, well, the day you were born.
Got a story about a time your dad has embarrassed you, or (if you're a dad) a time you've mortified your family? Let us know by messaging us on Facebook.