Food For Thought: A Quick Homemade Recipe For Roast Pepper And Ham Frittata
Kicking off your weekend, it can be hard to stay on the right eating track when you’re trying to squeeze in catch-ups, gym time and your daily to-do lists!
Each week, we’ll bring you one quick recipe with lots of health benefits. Using common ingredients you’ll find in the fridge, press (or local shop at a push!), take the hassle out of home-cooking with this fast meal.
This week… we’ve got the perfect breakfast to kick-start your weekend. Serve with fresh coffee for breakfast, or with a side salad for a lunch that will keep your full all day long!
- 5 eggs
- 120 ml of milk
- 1 tbsp Dijon mustard
- 90g crutons
- 35g ham chopped
- 95g of fontina cheese, grated
- 45g of roasted red pepper, chopped finely
- 45g of onion, finely chopped
- In a bowl, with a whisk, whisk eggs, milk and Dijon mustard.
- Add croutons, ham and half the cheese, half the peppers and half the onions.
- Pour the mixture of eggs in a greased pie plate of 9 inches or an 8 inches greased square pan. Sprinkle with remaining cheese, pepper and onion.
- Cook in a preheated oven of 180C for about 20 minutes or until the frittata is golden and the eggs are set.
- Keep cooking under the preheated grill for about 2 minutes or until frittata is golden and is lightly puffed. Put the pan on a rack and let cool for 5 minutes. Use a spatula to loosen the edges from the pan and cut in wedges.