8 years ago
Snack Swap: Switch Your Full-Fat Potato Salad For This Low-Fat Alternative
When you’re busy working, but want to keep yourself on the healthy straight and narrow, it can be hard coming up with simple swaps that can make a big difference.
Whether you’re trying to go gluten free, looking for a paleo alternative, or just want to go the extra mile with your fitness routine, we’ll be bringing you a simple snack swap each week.
This week… why not ditch the packet of shop-bought potato salad for this tasty but low fat option.
Make it in bigger batches for a side to your salad, or pack it in for a lunch alternative. Don’t ruin your hard work with a salad that packs on the pounds!
Quick Low Fat Potato Salad
- 670g cooked, diced potatoes
- 110g frozen green peas (thawed)
- 65g diced red or green pepper
- 1 tbsp. minced onion
- 1 hard boiled egg, chopped
- 100g cooked ham/ bacon chopped
- 90g plain non-fat yogurt
- 90g low calorie mayonnaise
- 1 tsp. sugar
- 1 tbsp. Dijon mustard
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. pepper
- Combine salad ingredients chopped in a salad bowl.
- Mix dressing ingredients and pour over potato mixture.
- Toss until well blended.
- Chill 24 hours for best results, but can be served immediately.
Recipe altered from cooks.com