I'm A Celebrity's Richard Madeley rushed to hospital after falling ill
The presenter fell ill during the night.
Richard Madeley has been rushed to hospital after falling ill overnight in the I'm A Celebrity castle.
The 65-year-old was sent to A&E after production staff and his campmates became concerned with his sudden illness.
A source told the Sun: "It was horrifying - campers were really upset and concerned, all of the crew and medics rushed to set to help him.
"It was a real scare for everyone involved."
Sources added that he had been taken to hospital as a precaution and is now "on the mend."
An ITV spokesperson said: "Richard was unwell in the early hours and was immediately seen by our on-site medical team.
"He's since been taken to hospital as a precaution, the health and safety of our campmates is our priority."
His health scare comes just one day after he took part in the Wednesday's Bushtucker trial, Kitchen Nightmares.
He had seemed in good spirits during the trial, in which he had to untie stars from piece of string whilst wading through rotten fruit.
Madeley picked up just four out of a possible ten stars though.
The journalist and television presenter, who looks set to take over as a permanent host of Good Morning Britain having stood in as a presenter on a temporary basis, spoke before entering the castle of his desire to do some trials.
He said: "I really hope I do get voted for the Trials.
"The thing about this programme is you mustn’t go in to it if you take yourself remotely seriously. I don’t and I am thoroughly looking forward to being covered in god knows what!
"You have to be prepared for people to laugh and I see this as a bloody great romp of fun!"