TV presenter Jay Leno suffers serious burns after garage fire
Get well soon.
Comedian and TV presenter Jay Leno is reportedly recovering in hospital after he suffered serious burns in a fire in his garage at his home in Los Angeles.
The 72-year-old said in a statement given to US news outlets: "I got some serious burns from a gasoline fire. I am ok. Just need a week or two to get back on my feet."
TMZ had initially reported that a car in his garage had burst into flames on Sunday leading to burns on his face.
It was then noted that he was taken to the Grossman Burn Center in California for his injuries.
The Hollywood Reporter reported that Leno owns "about 180 vintage and exotic cars and roughly 160 motorcycles".
Leno was due to appear at a conference in Las Vegas on Sunday but it was then said organisers were told via email that he would not be attending due to a"very serious medical emergency".
"His family was not able to provide us very many details, but there was a very serious medical emergency that is preventing Jay from travelling," an email said to all attendees. "All we know is that he is alive, so our prayers go out to him and his family tonight."