#Covid-19: Niall Horan has cancelled his Nice To Meet Ya tour amid the coronavirus outbreak
Niall Horan has announced he has cancelled his 'Nice To Meet Ya' tour amid the coronavirus pandemic.
The singer had been due to play the 3Arena in Dublin on October 30 and 31 and the SSE Arena in Belfast on October 27 and 28.
Taking to Twitter on Friday, he told his followers that given the unprecedented circumstances, he had "decided not to move forward with the 'Nice To Meet Ya' world tour this year".
"This was a difficult decision, but the well-being of my fans and touring family is always top priority. Not being able to tour for what is effectively most of 2020 just didn't feel right and I'm so sorry to all you amazing people who bought tickets," he said.
"I look forward to being able to release new music and a new tour for all my fans around the world in 2021. I want to announce new dates soon but I don't think it's fair on you guys to do so until the dust has settled and things have gone back to normal."
Ticket holders have been advised to visit Ticketmaster for information on getting a refund. Anyone who has not purchased the tickets via Ticketmaster has been advised to get in contact with the original point of purchase.
"I am going to focus on writing and recording more in order to be back touring net year with more music to play for you all. As you all know, touring and having the fortune to play in front of all of you beautiful people is the reason I love my job and my life. I cannot wait to be back. For the time being, please stay safe everyone."
You can read his message in full below.
This was a difficult decision, but the well-being of my fans and touring family is always my top priority . Please stay safe everyone x pic.twitter.com/1Etlfp3NaV
— Niall Horan (@NiallOfficial) April 3, 2020