Dec says he's rehearsing for SNT alone... prompting a serious response from fans 1 year ago

Dec says he's rehearsing for SNT alone... prompting a serious response from fans

For the first time, he's about to front Saturday Night Takeaway without his sidekick, Ant McPartlin.

So we reckon Declan Donnelly has more than a few nerves.

Indeed, the TV host took to Twitter on Friday to announce that he was "back in studio..." and the Tweet prompted an incredible 18.5K likes in just a few hours.

Loads of folk chipped in their tuppence worth too. "Good luck Dec, you’ll smash it, everyone is behind you 100 percent," said one. Another went with: "Good luck Dec xx everyone In Newcastle supporting ya... love ya as well u will smash it."

Other messages had similar sentiments, including "Good luck. Sure you’ll do great. Everyone’s backing you," and "I'm so proud of you, Declan. You can do this and we'll all be here cheering you on."

Earlier this week, it was revealed that fans WOULD be given a glimpse of Ant McPartlin in the penultimate episode of SNT - courtesy of the pre-recorded big-budget spin-off, Saturday Knight Takeaway.

An insider explained to The Sun’s Bizarre column: "After a lot of soul searching it was decided that the final two episodes should run because viewers have loved the series and want to find out the conclusion in the final two episodes."

Dec Donnelly will also be in Florida for the final SNT show on April 7.

On Sunday March 18, Ant McPartlin was arrested on suspicion of drink-driving; he was later charged.

The 42-year-old star was involved in a three-car smash: his Mini hit two other vehicles in south-west London.