I'm A Celeb bosses 'fear mass walkout' as three stars have medical treatment, report says
Could this long-awaited series of I'm A Celeb be cancelled?
I'm A Celeb bosses fear a mass walkout as three of its stars have sought medical attention, including the recently departed Richard Madeley.
Madeley was rushed to hospital early on November 27 and then by the evening, it was confirmed that he had officially left the show due to his departure from the cast's Covid bubble.
However he's not the only one to potentially jump ship.
The crew are allegedly concerned about 78-year-old Arlene Phillips, who hit the headlines earlier this week for her "insensitive" comment about OCD. While Phillips is reportedly on painkillers, DJ Naughty Boy, 36, has sought counselling over his mum's health.
A source told the Sun: "They can't afford to lose any more big names."
Madeley confirmed his departure from the castle via Instagram.
"Hello all! Richard here – firstly just to say that I'm absolutely FINE," he wrote.
"I started to feel briefly unwell in the small hours of the morning and was taken to hospital as a precaution.
"By leaving the camp, I had consequently broken the Covid 'bubble' and as such I've had to leave the castle and all the wonderful celebs that remain in the camp.
View this post on Instagram
"Obviously I'm gutted to be leaving so soon but the safety of all the campmates is the number one priority.
"I'm incredibly excited to watch their journey continue… even more so at the prospect of being somewhere a little warmer than Gwrych Castle.
"Thank you to everyone who supported me on my brief but completely unforgettable adventure – I've made some great friends and honestly had the time of my life. Speak soon, Richard x."
Fans began sharing their thoughts with the Good Morning Britain host, with olympian Matty Driver writing: "Absolutely gutted for you @richardmadeleyofficial but glad to hear you are ok."
Reality TV star, Vicky Pattison added: "so sorry to hear that hun- you were smashing it."