Intruder removed from I'm a Celeb castle after security breach 7 months ago

Intruder removed from I'm a Celeb castle after security breach

Madness.

An intruder has been removed from the set of I’m A Celebrity… Get Me Out Of Here! after the show suffered a security breach at the castle.

Advertisement

According to ITV, the intruder appeared earlier in the week, before the weather conditions forced the series to pre-record Friday night's episode as Storm Arwen hits Ireland and the UK.

A statement from the programme said: "A security breach was identified and an intruder was removed from the location with immediate effect.

"The safety of both our celebrities and our production crew remains our primary concern."

piers morgan

Advertisement

The first week in the castle has been eventful, to say the least, with one celebrity already being forced to quit the show.

Richard Madeley was forced to quit I'm A Celebrity after he broke the show's Covid bubble while being taken to hospital.

The TV presenter was rushed to A&E in the early hours of the morning after falling ill overnight on Thursday.

Revealing on Instagram that he will not be able to return to the Welsh castle as he has now been in contact with others outside of the series, he told his followers that he needs to step back from the show.

Advertisement

He wrote: "Hello all! Richard here - firstly just to say that I'm absolutely FINE. I started to feel briefly unwell in the small hours of the morning and was taken to hospital as a precaution.

"By leaving the camp, I had consequently broken the Covid 'bubble' and as such I've had to leave the castle and all the wonderful celebs that remain in the camp."

The crew are now allegedly concerned about 78-year-old Arlene Phillips, as she is reportedly on painkillers. DJ Naughty Boy, 36, is also on the lookout as he has sought counselling over his mum's health, who suffers from dementia.

Advertisement