These 13 Irish food businesses were served with closure orders in November
Have you eaten in any of these places?
It's never nice to know that a food place you often frequent has been closed down - but 13 businesses were closed in the month of November due to breaches of regulations.
According to the Food Safety Authority of Ireland (FSAI), the affected businesses were located in Louth, Clare, Leitrim, Dublin, Donegal, Mayo, Westmeath, Galway and Kilkenny.
The food businesses were issued with closure orders for breaches of food safety legislation, pursuant to the FSAI Act, 1998 and the EC (Official Control of Foodstuffs) Regulations, 2010.
13 closure orders were served under the FSAI Act, 1998 on:
- Rice Asian Cuisine, 11 Bridge Street, Ardee, Louth - Order served on 1 November, order lifted on 2 November
- Everest Express Fish & Chips Take Away, Tulla Road, Ennis, Clare - Order served on 2 November, order lifted on 7 November
- O'Brien’s Gala, Tulla Road, Ennis, Clare - Order served on 2 November, order lifted on 7 November
- Tesco Ireland Limited, Dublin Road, Carrick-on-Shannon, Leitrim - Order served on 6 November, order lifted on 7 November
- O'Rourke's, 32 Bridgefoot Street, Dublin 8 - Order served on 7 November, order lifted on 21 November
- Teach Lisa Creche (Closed area: Kitchen) Newtowncunningham, Donegal
- New World Thai and Chinese Take Away, 275 Glasnevin Avenue, Glasnevin, Dublin 11 - Order served on 14 November, order lifted on 16 November
- Original Curry House, Main Street, Kiltimagh, Mayo - Order served on 15 November, order lifted on 22 November
- Dawat Indian Restaurant, Main Street, Castlebar, Mayo
- Colours of India, Unit 2 Hibernian Way, Mallow, Cork - Order served on 15 November, order lifted on 20 November
- Delvin Mart (Closed area: Restaurant), Delvin, Westmeath
- Galmere Fresh Foods Limited (Closed Area: Manufacturing of ready to eat products containing fresh basil, not subject to heat treatment, as an ingredient) Ballybrit Upper Industrial Estate, Monivea Road, Galway
- The Blue Door, 59 John Street, Kilkenny
For more information on the closure orders visit the FSAI website here.