Anna Faris breaks her silence following split from Chris Pratt 4 years ago

Anna Faris breaks her silence following split from Chris Pratt

Anna Faris has spoken out for the first time since she announced her split from Chris Pratt.

The Scary Movie actress has been keeping a low profile since they announced their split earlier this month.

Advertisement

But she opened up about their shock split in the latest episode of her podcast, Anna Faris Is Unqualified, when she offered some relationship advice to a caller.

She said:

“Life is too short to be in relationships where you feel this isn’t fully right or somebody doesn’t have your back, or somebody doesn’t fully value you.

“Don’t be afraid to feel your independence if things aren’t right.”

Advertisement

“I made that mistake, I think, a little bit, like ‘I’m checking my relationship off the list’ and if that would be the final piece of advice I could give you, that would be know your worth, know your independence."

She also thanked her fans for their support in the short statement.

She said:

"Hey, dear listeners, I just want to thank you all so much for all the love I've been receiving, and I truly love you."

Advertisement

The pair announced that they would be separating after eight years of marriage with a joint social media statement posted on August 6.

It read:

“We tried hard for a long time, and we’re really disappointed. Our son has two parents who love him very much and for his sake we want to keep this situation as private as possible moving forward.

“We still have love for each other, will always cherish our time together and continue to have the deepest respect for one another.”

The Hollywood duo met while they were filming 2007's Take Me Home Tonight, before becoming engaged the following year.

Advertisement

They welcomed a son, Jack, in 2012.