Harvey Weinstein is being handed over to Californian authorities for extradition
He's facing more charges.
Harvey Weinstein has been handed over to Californian authorities to face sexual assault charges there.
The convicted producer was serving his 23 year sentence in New York after he was found guilty of rape.
In Los Angeles however, he has further allegations of sexual assault to face and prosecutors there have launched extradition proceedings.
A judge in New York approved the move last month, with the transportation being confirmed on Tuesday by the Department of Corrections and Community Supervision in New York.
A statement said: "This morning at approximately 9:25 custody of Mr. Harvey Weinstein was handed over to the appropriate officials for transport to the state of California per a court order."
Weinstein's spokesperson Juda Engelmayer said that while they tried to delay this, his team expected it to happen "at some point."
He added: "We will be fighting so that Harvey can receive his needed medical care and of course, so that he can be treated fairly. Due process, presumption of innocence and a fair trial are all still his right."
In February of last year, a judge sentenced Weinstein to 23 years in prison for a number of convictions including one count of third-degree rape and one count of sexual assault in the first degree.
His criminal charges include rape, criminal sex act, sexual abuse and sexual misconduct.
The allegations levied against the producer by dozens of women led to the #MeToo movement. During his downfall, women all over the world shared their own experiences of sexual assault.